Recently I stumbled across this phrase: ‘(I’m) bankrupt without love …’ Bankrupt? Being bankrupt is not a position anyone would want to be – surely!
In the words of Piglet and Pooh:
Piglet: “How do you spell love?”
Pooh: “You don’t spell it. You feel it.”
“Love does not consist so much of looking at one another but of looking together in the same direction.”
- “Love never gives up.
- Love cares more for others than for self.
- Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
- Love doesn’t strut,
- Doesn’t have a swelled head,
- Doesn’t force itself on others,
- Isn’t always “me first,”
- Doesn’t fly off the handle,
- Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
- Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
- Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
- Puts up with anything,
- Trusts God always,
- Always looks for the best,
- Never looks back, but keeps going to the end.”
As with the giving of love so it is with the receiving of love, they’re equally vital – vital to know that one is valued and loved, worthy of love.
Happy Valentines Day every day! You’re loved! You’re worth it!
Stay in love. Stay loved. Take care, Suz 😊
Excerpt: 1 Corinthians 13:3-7 MSG http://bible.com/97/1co.13.3-7.msg
Quote: A.A Milne – Piglet / Pooh